Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
This could be the perfect position for you!
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking experienced Support Workers to join our team providing care to our service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour across Haddington, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald, Ormiston, Tranent and the surrounding areas.
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their physical or learning disabilities. You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service users unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual.
It is essential that you have prior experience of caring for service users living with learning disabilities, autism or challenging behaviour.
Train With Newcross
At Newcross we want to offer our staff every opportunity to upskill and develop in their new role. We want to invest in our staff and commit to the continual development of our team. Earn training credits as you work and exchange them to be enrolled in a variety of different free training programs.
Same Day Pay
Want to choose when you work and when you get paid? We have an app called HealthForceGo which allows you to stay in control of your work life. Our app feature Flexi Pay allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift. Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Perks At Work
With Newcross, you will be able to access our Perks At Work employee discount scheme which offers 30,000 unique discounts across a variety of retailers nationwide.
More Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £13.45 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Same day pay with our Flexi Pay app feature
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at 80 high street shops
Meet The Local Team - Our friendly Edinburgh branch are located in New Mart Place, close to Slateford train station
Requirements Of The Position
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Medication training is essential for this role
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to a smart phone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Take The Next Steps
To begin your career with Newcross today, click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
We have also recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Join The Newcross Team Today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.