Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Your local branch is based in Kemble House in Broad Street, in Hereford city centre.
Interested in working for Britain's leading healthcare provider?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Support Workers to provide outstanding care to our service users in Hereford, Leominster, Ledbury, Bromyard, Kington and the surrounding local areas.
It is essential that you are able to comfortably care for service users living with challenging behaviours, autism, physical or learning disabilities.
- Assisting with person-centred daily tasks
- Helping with clinical requirements
- Medication support
- Meal preparation
- Social integration
- Personal care
You will also benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day! (including bank holidays and weekends)
- Salary of up to £14.82/hr including holiday pay
- Perks at Work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible working hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Access our exclusive training programmes, to widen your knowledge
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
Training programmes to broaden your skillset, free with credits earned whilst you work, including Makaton, BSL, End of Life care and many more.
Perks at Work, an employee discount scheme, that gives you many discounts at 80 different retailers UK wide.
Flexible working hours allows you to choose whether you work on weekends, weekdays or weeknights, with part or full-time hours.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar role
- Referees that can attest to your employment for the past 3 years
- A Moving and Handling course certificate (or you are willing to enrol and complete course)
- Access to a smart device with internet access to manage your timesheets, online rota and payslips via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Join us today!
Once you've submitted your application a member of our team will be in touch.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way