Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
We are looking for support workers like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living in Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Borough Green, Edenbridge, Wadhurst and the surrounding areas of Kent.
As a Support Worker, you will ensure that service users are receiving consistent high-quality person centred care at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care, medication support, meal preparation, social integration and any additional services required.
Applicants will need to have experience caring for service users living with Autism, physical or learning disabilities.
Enjoy having the opportunity to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the very same day through our HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.23/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Flexi Pay - up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Work with our team!
- Flexible hours with a variety of shifts to choose from
- 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Skills & Training
Working with Newcross will give you the chance to develop and broaden your skill set through our extensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Epilepsy and many more.