Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Join Newcross and change lives!
As a Support Worker in Winchester, you'll be a skilled caregiver, keen to be a great companion to the people you care for. You will work as part of a close-knit team of health and social care workers and constantly strive to reach the best outcome for those in your care. This role involves helping people living with various learning disabilities. You'll assist them with daily living tasks, personal care and offering emotional support for everyday life and social situations.
What do you need?
You'll already have what it takes to provide excellent care and support, with a minimum of 3 months of paid experience under your belt in the UK. You'll also have experience in moving and handling and personal care. We hire individuals who can provide the same level of care they'd expect for a family member. To do this, we need all healthcare staff to demonstrate our core values of trust, empathy and expertise on every shift.
The right to work in the UK is essential. You will need a smart device with internet access to pick up shifts and submit timesheets via our handy app, HealthForceGo.
- An hourly rate of up to £14.51, including holiday pay
- Immediate pay with Flexi Pay, making the wait for payday a thing of the past
- Free DBS and uniform
- A range of flexible shifts to choose from including part-time, full-time, day and night shifts
- Free training opportunities to take your career in whichever direction you choose
- Access to appointments with NHS-registered GPs through a Virtual GP app
- Face to face and telephone counselling for mental health support when you need it
Tired of waiting around for payday? With Flexi Pay, you no longer have to! This exciting feature can be found on our app, HealthForceGo. It allows our healthcare staff to instantly access up to 50% of the money they earn during their completed shifts (even on weekends and bank holidays).