Become A Member Of The Newcross Team And Change Someone's Life!
Newcross Healthcare are hiring dedicated Support Workers assist in providing expert care and support to service users with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour within Leeds and the surrounding towns.
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
You will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, championing their needs and enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times.
It is essential that you have previous experience of working with service users with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour, and also have a basic level of British Sign Language.
Perks Of Joining
- Salary of up to £13.23 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training programmes, to widen your knowledge
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
The Team - Our friendly Leeds branch are based in 14 King Street, just a short walk from Leeds train station
Introducing Flexi Pay!
Never have to worry about when pay day is again with Flexi Pay, our app feature that allows you to withdraw same day pay for up to 50% of the value of your shift. Bank holidays and weekends are also included!
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar role
- Referees that can attest to your employment for the past 3 years
- A Moving and Handling course certificate (or you are willing to enrol and complete course)
- Access to a smart device with internet access to manage your timesheets, online rota and payslips via our app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
You'll have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours. This will provide you with the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage your work-life schedule.
Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Begin Your Application Today And Become Part Of The Team!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way