Based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5 - your local team operates out of our Milton Keynes office.
We are looking for people like you to join our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living in Luton and surrounds.
As a Support Worker, you will work with our service users to ensure that they receive care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will be responsible for assisting with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Our innovative 'same day pay' service allows healthcare staff to receive up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why join our team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours to suit your ongoing needs and commitments
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available within various high street retailers
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Learn with us!
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their existing skill set with a various free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, PEG and many more.
- Salary of up to £14.28/hr including holiday pay
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.