Support workers change lives!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living in Portree and the surrounding areas.
Shifts for this position vary and include sleepover shifts.
As a Support Worker, you will ensure that you provide service users with high quality person-centred care. You will assist with personal care, clinical requirements, social integration within the local community, development of skills and any additional services needed.
You will assist service users that have physical or learning disabilities so it is essential that you are a calm and approachable individual.
The ideal candidate will have previous training in medication administration.
Flexi Pay feature!
Flexi Pay is a 'same day pay service' that allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks will include
- Salary of up to £14.42/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible full time and part time hours available
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Accommodation nearby work location is provided
- 30,000 discounts with our Perks at Work scheme
- Flexi Pay app feature available
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earn up to £500 for a successful referral
- Access to our exclusive free training programmes earned through credits as you work
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Your Inverness branch
Our Inverness team works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support.
We are situated in Bank Street, close to Inverness train station and just by the River Ness.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Car driver is preferred for this role
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch soon!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you in your application.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way