Support Worker - Young Adults
Experienced as a carer? Looking for personalised training?
Newcross Healthcare is a well-established nationwide healthcare provider and we are looking for new Support Workers to help us to deliver exceptional support and care to young people living with challenging behaviours in their own homes within central Portsmouth.
What to expect in the role
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our service users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
In this role, you will need to be confident and have a calm demeanour to assist clients who may exhibit challenging or difficult behaviours. We are looking for dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our caring philosophy, always with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
Free training programmes
At Newcross we want to offer our staff every opportunity to upskill and develop in their new role. We want to invest in our staff and commit to the continual development of our team. Gain valuable insight and skills through our comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Flexi Pay app feature
Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Perks of the job
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay app feature - Withdraw 50% of your pay on the same day you worked!
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We offer our Complex Care Assistants rotas organised up to 4 week in advance so you can feel secure in organising your schedule around your shifts!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a support role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
The next steps...To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you! We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Apply and become part of the Newcross team today!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.