Support workers change lives!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Support Workers to care for children and young adults who have learning disabilities and challenging behaviour or individuals with mental health conditions in Bromsgrove, Redditch, Worcester and the surrounding areas.
Flexi Pay is our exclusive HealthForceGo® app allowing you to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Support Worker, you will provide dedicated one-to-one care to service users with a variety of life-enhancing care and support. You will assist with daily living activities, personal care tasks, clinical requirements, dressing, social activities and any additional services required.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience of providing care to service users with challenging behaviours, autism, physical or learning disabilities.
- Flexible full time and part time hours to suit your ongoing needs
- Perks at Work scheme with over 30,000 discounts in various high street retailers
- Free dedicated training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
You'll find your local branch team at 9-10 The Tything in Worcester city centre. Just up the road from Worcester Foregate Street train station, and along the A38, we are easily accessible via most modes of transport, and welcome you dropping in to say hi.
- Salary of up to £14.57/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme
- Flexi Pay app feature
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Mental health support* including phone and face-to-face consultations
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Apply now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.