We need support workers like you to join our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for children and young adults living with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour in Sittingbourne and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will provide dedicated and personalised care to our service users with a variety of different important daily tasks. You will support with personal care, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed or required.
It is essential that you are able to care for children and young adults with challenging behaviour and learning disabilities.
Train with us!
Working with Newcross will give you the opportunity to develop your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover various topics such as Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, Medication Administration, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Flexi Pay is an innovative app feature that enables healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £11.55/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay - Up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexible full time and part time hours available
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers in the UK
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.