Are you looking for a change in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to care for our service users living in Colwyn Bay, Denbigh, Prestatyn, Rhyl, Llandudno, Bangor, Anglesey, Caernarfon and the surrounding areas.
We are looking for people that have basic knowledge of Homelessness Law, the Criminal Justice System, DWP Benefits and have previous experience of working with vulnerable people and dealing with various challenging situations.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing residential support to homeless and potentially homeless men and women that have suffered from substance abuse. You will accompany them to health appointments, applying for jobs, assist them with day to day tasks and enable them to actively participate in their support.
The shifts for this position are for Monday to Fridays from 8:30am to 4:30pm and applicants will be responsible for managing a case load of approximately 20 service users.
We are also looking for applicants that can work on a rolling rota of 37.5 hours per week including days, nights and weekends.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is a new service that enables our healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift within the very same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why work with our company?
- A range of full time and part time hours available to suit your needs
- 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts available in various high street retailers
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Skills & Training opportunities
Working with Newcross, gives you the chance to access a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These will enable you to develop your skill set and cover a variety of topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Epilepsy and many more.
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.