Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Join us today and change someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living in Colwyn Bay, Denbigh, Prestatyn, Rhyl, Llandudno, Bangor, Anglesey, Caernarfon and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will manage a case load of approximately 20 service users and provide person-centred support to homeless and men and women that could be potentially homeless and have previously suffered from substance abuse. You will assist them with job seeking, daily living activities, health appointments, social integration activities.
It is essential that you have a basic understanding of Criminal Justice System, BWP Benefits, homeless law and have previously worked vulnerable people.
Shifts for this role
Monday to Fridays from 8:30am to 4:30pm with the opportunity to work on a rolling rota of 37.5 hours per week including days, nights and weekends.
Flexi Pay allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the very same day by submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Newcross Healthcare allows you to access a broad catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work with various topics to choose from. These will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in a variety of subjects and levels.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Flexible hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts to pick from
- 30,000 discounts available through our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Free dedicated training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay - 50% of the value of your shift
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.