A passionate Support Worker is required to join an expanding clinical support worker team working in Kendal. This position is offered on a part-time basis, starting as soon as possible, and comes with a rate of £13.40 an hour, with flexible shifts available.
As a member of the support staff team, you will help deliver an integrated service for people with a range of physical and mental disabilities.
If you'd have been working in this Cumbria-based Support Worker role last week, you would have:
- Provided support and assistance to people in accordance with their support plans
- Undertaken initial and ongoing assessments of clients in the capacity of a Mental Health Support Worker
- Devised, reviewed and updated support plans, recorded events and observations and kept appropriate records
You will work with adults with challenging behaviour issues, learning disabilities, autism, dementia and other needs. As a community services support key care worker, you will be expected to use your initiative and act appropriately in emergencies, e.g. contacting GPs, community health and emergency services etc.
To apply for this care job, you will need to have a valid certificate in Moving and Handling, as well as the following:
- Three months of previous Support Worker experience or healthcare experience in a similar role
- Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement
- Relevant training and certificates
You will be rewarded with a good salary, the flexibility to base your work around existing commitments, and a range of in-house training opportunities. COVID-19 has put extra pressure on all nursing services, primarily in the NHS, so your help and support filling these currently open healthcare vacancies are much appreciated.
If you are interested in this Support Worker job earning £13.40 per hour in Kendal, please contact us today. Join 9,000 colleagues and us in making a positive change to someone's life!