Our friendly Crawley team works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support.
Do you want to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to provide care to our service users living in Crawley, East Grinstead, Horsham and the surrounding areas.
The branch is located at 1 Magellan Terrace on Gatwick Road, and is just a short distance from Gatwick Airport
We offer training programmes that are free with credits earned while you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more. These programmes offer the perfect way to broaden your skillset.
Flexible hours give employees the choice of part and full time hours as well as shifts on weekends, weekdays, and weeknights.
Perks at Work entitles you to 30,000 discounts at around 80 different retailers UK wide.
Enjoy a Platinum Ticket Invitation that gives you a £500 pound welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work at Newcross Healthcare.
What will I be doing?
In the role of Support worker you will be...
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks including washing, feeding, toileting, and mobility
- Engaging in social activities and integration with the local community
- Helping with dignified and independent living
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- Access to a smartphone/device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £14.23/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Ongoing Training Programmes
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Flexible working hours
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
What is Flexi Pay?
Enjoy our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
Join us today!
Submit your application and a member of our team will be in touch
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.