We are looking for Support Workers that want to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care and support our service users living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
A Newcross Support Worker, works with our service users to ensure that they receive personalised care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will be responsible for assisting with daily living tasks, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a supporting role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Flexi Pay feature!
Our HealthForceGo® app gives our healthcare staff access to up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
But what makes Newcross different?
- Flexible hours that suit your existing needs and commitments
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available throughout retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Want to develop your skill set?
Working with Newcross will give you exclusive access to various free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities are available for successful candidates to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different subjects and levels.
- Salary of up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Free Ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
- The ideal candidates would have prior training in medication administration and basic life support.
Your new team will be located at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. Our first branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.