Do you want to be making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare have a great opportunity for exceptional Support Workers to deliver life-enhancing care and support to our residents living across Plymouth, Saltash, Callington and the surrounding towns.
Your new role:
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting clients during their daily activities such as personal care tasks, social activities and clinical requirements.
Our successful candidates will promote our resident's independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross employees can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around their needs, enjoying a flexible income alongside the comfort of healthy work-life balance.
They also have access to Flexi Pay! This innovative feature gives our staff the opportunity to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Additional opportunities are available to study a wide range of free training programmes that will allow you to broaden your skills and progress in your career with us. And you could also study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Benefit with us:
- Salary of up to £15.49/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Perks at Work, which provides 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
What do you need to do?
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.