Are you passionate about making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living in Stevenage and the surrounding areas.
As Support Worker, you will be actively providing person-centred care to our service users with a variety of daily living tasks and activities. These tasks differ but will include personal care, daily living activities, meal preparation, washing, dressing, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Flexi Pay is a HealthForceGo® app feature that gives healthcare staff the opportunity to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £14.93/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Flexible full time and part time hours available
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay app feature
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts to choose from
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Healthcare staff have the chance to develop their existing skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. The topics covered include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults, Medication Administration and many more.
Your local team
Based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5 - your local team operate out of our Milton Keynes office.
We supply healthcare professionals to local care establishments up to a 30 mile radius of our office, including Northampton, Bedford, Luton and Aylesbury.
Apply now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.