Our friendly Chester branch are situated at 17 - 19 Boughton, just a short distance from Chester train station.
Are you looking for a way to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Support Workers to care for our service users living in Wrexham, Llangollen and the surrounding areas.
Applicants will need to have a basic knowledge of Homelessness Law, the Criminal Justice System, DWP Benefits and previous experience of providing care to vulnerable people and dealing with challenging behaviour and situations.
As a Support Worker, you will provide residential support to homeless and potentially homeless people that have suffered from substance abuse. You will assist them with day to day tasks, attending health appointments, applying for jobs, ensure that records are accurately maintained and provide them with any additional assistance needed.
This position has weekday shifts from 8:30am to 4:30pm and be responsible for managing a caseload of approximately 20 service users.
Opportunities are also available for applicants to work 37.5 hours per week including days, nights and weekends on a rolling rota.
Our new app feature enables our healthcare staff to have access to up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
Why choose Newcross?
- Flexible full time and part time hours available to suit you
- Employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts available across retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Skills & Development
With Newcross, successful candidates have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, End of Life Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or support role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your payslips, rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.