Ongoing Training and Support, Same Day Pay and Flexible Hours!
Newcross Healthcare have several flexible vacancies for Support Workers to assist our service users living in Wrexham, Llangollen and the surrounding areas.
Learn More About The Position
As a Support Worker, you will provide residential support to homeless and potentially homeless people that have suffered from substance abuse. You will assist them with day to day tasks, attending health appointments, applying for jobs, ensure that records are accurately maintained and provide them with any additional assistance needed.
This position has weekday shifts from 8:30am to 4:30pm and will be responsible for managing a caseload of approximately 20 service users.
Our new app feature enables our healthcare staff to have access to up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks At Work
With Newcross, you will be able to access our Perks At Work employee discount scheme which offers 30,000 unique discounts across a variety of retailers nationwide.
What We Can Offer You
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Same day pay with Flexi Pay
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
Meet Your Branch - Our local Chester team are situated at 17 - 19 Boughton, just a short distance from Chester train station.
Video Interview - No need to leave the comfort of your own home, Newcross now offers the option to interview via a video call with the branch.
Free Training And Developement
With Newcross, you'll benefit from our many free training courses which will allow you to gain useful knowledge and skills for your caring role, having the opportunity to evolve and progress in your career journey with us. These cover a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
You Will Need To Have...
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or support role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your payslips, rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Applicants will need to have a basic knowledge of Homelessness Law, the Criminal Justice System, DWP Benefits and previous experience of providing care to vulnerable people and dealing with challenging behaviour and situations.
Click 'Apply' to submit your online application and a member of our in-house recruitment team will be in contact.
Begin Your Newcross Career Today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.