Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Our friendly branch are located at Telstar House, Mead Avenue in Yeovil.
Are you looking for a way to change someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living with Learning Disabilities and/or challenging behaviours in Yeovil, Sherborne, Castle Cary and Wincanton and the surrounding areas.
Working with Newcross gives you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift through our Flexi Pay app feature. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Support Worker, you will work closely with our services to ensure that they receive personalised care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will assist them with personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required.
It is essential that you are calm and approachable as you will work with service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour.
Why work with our team?
- Flexible hours with various shifts to suit your availability
- Up to 30,000 discounts available in high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and with different topics to choose from
- Salary of up to £15.23 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book a Newcross course)
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way