Support workers like you make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to care for our service users living in Torquay, Teignmouth, Paignton, Newton Abbot, Dawlish and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will provide dedicated care and support to our service users with various needs and requirements. Your assistance will be needed with daily living activities, meal preparation, meal times, washing, dressing, development of new skills, social integration activities and many more.
You will work with service users living with physical and learning disabilities so it is essential that you have a calm manner.
Our HealthForceGo® app has an exclusive 'Flexi Pay' app feature that allows them to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks will include
- Salary of up to £14.92/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Flexi Pay - 50% of the value of your shifts available
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts to choose form
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
What makes Newcross different?
- Flexible full time and part time hours to suit you and your needs
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts in a variety of high street retailers
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Train and upskill with us!
Newcross Healthcare provides you with exciting opportunities to develop your existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our friendly team
Your local branch is based in Torquay. First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch soon
Join us now!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.