Support Worker - Children
Bournemouth branch is located in St. Stephen's Road, close to St. Peter's Church and Bournemouth train station.
Join our team today and a make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Support Workers to cover weekend shifts caring for children with Autism and young people with complex care needs living in Bournemouth, Poole, Kingston, Wareham, Weymouth and the surrounding areas.
Simply submit your timesheets before 5pm and this 'same day pay' service will give you access to up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Support Worker, you will assist our service users living with complex care needs with a variety of life-enhancing tasks. These tasks will vary but primarily include personal care, medication support, social integration activities and any additional services needed to enable them to live as independently as possible.
We are seeking candidates that have prior experience of providing care to children with autism and young people with complex care needs.
Why work with our team?
- Free and specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- A minimum hours guarantee included in all of our permanent contracts
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- 20 hours of work guaranteed every week
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- 30,000 discounts available within high street retailers in the UK
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- Access to a smart device with internet access to manage your rotas via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.