Support Worker - Children
Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking passionate Support Workers to cover weekend shifts caring for children with Autism and young people with complex care needs living in Bournemouth, Poole, Kingston, Wareham, Weymouth and the surrounding areas.
What is Flexi Pay?
Our unique pay app offers a 'same day pay' service that gives you access to up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! This includes weekends and bank holidays.
In this role you will engage in a variety of life-enhancing, person-centred tasks for service users. These include but are not limited to tasks such as social integration activities, personal care, daily tasks, and medication support.
We are seeking candidates that have prior experience of providing care to children with autism and young people with complex care needs.
We offer a minimum of 20 hours of work guarantee which gives our employees the security of a steady income. We run free specialised training programs that are earned through credits whilst you work, plus organised rotas that are set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your schedule.
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- 20 hours of work guaranteed every week
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Training programmes
- 30,000 discounts available within high street retailers in the UK
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- Access to a smart device with internet access to manage your rotas via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Bournemouth branch is located on St. Stephen's Road, close to St. Peter's Church and Bournemouth train station.
We now give our candidates the option to do their interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
Simply complete our application process and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.