Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare is searching for experienced Support Workers to join us in providing excellent care and support to our service users across Witham, Braintree, Halstead, Dunmow, Earls Colne and the surrounding locations.
The Local Team
Our Colchester branch are based at 37 Crouch Street, close to the main town centre. We are also just a short distance from the Colchester Town train station, and are easily accessible by car and bus too.
Your New Role
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Our ideal applicant will be professional and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
- Salary of up to £12.96 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You'll also benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Develop your skills at Newcross
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes, ensuring that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role and learn new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- You will need access to a Smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it much more convenient and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.