Do you want to make a change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to care for our service users living in Witham, Braintree, Halstead, Dunmow, Earls Colne and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for ensuring that service users receive person-centred care and support. Your assistance will be needed with a variety of important tasks such as daily living tasks, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Work with us!
- Benefit from flexible full time and part time hours with various shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
The HealthForceGo® app allows healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of their shift within the very same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Benefits will include
- Salary of up to £12.96 per hour including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay app feature
- Perks at Work discount scheme
Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Working with us will give you an exclusive opportunity to develop your existing skill set with a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- You will need access to a Smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our Colchester branch are based at 37 Crouch Street, close to the main town centre. We are also just a short distance from the Colchester Town train station, and are easily accessible by car and bus too.
Simply submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.