Supported Living Care Assistant
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are seeking seasoned Care Assistants to join us in delivering expert care and support to adults living with acquired brain injuries in Supported Living Environments in Exeter and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Role
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks may include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- Access to a smartphone/device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Meet the Team
Our friendly Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way