Supported Living Care Assistant
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are seeking seasoned Care Assistants to join us in delivering expert care and support to adults living with acquired brain injuries in Supported Living Environments in Exeter and the surrounds.
Become A Newcross Care Assistant
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with development and progression
- Building relationships with service users and their family members
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community and other residents
In this position you will be promoting the well-being and quality of life of every service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and providing expert support that allows them to live the life they wish to lead.
You Will Benefit From:
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Various training programs earned through credits as you work
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programs available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
You Will Need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- Access to a smartphone/device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Your Local Branch
Our team works to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support. The Newcross Exeter branch is based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
How To Continue...
Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Is this the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply now!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.