Supported Living Care Assistant
Are you ready for a new care experience?
Newcross Healthcare are searching for Care Assistant to provide outstanding care and support to our residents in Supported Living Establishments across Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding towns of Tyne and Wear.
Become a Care Assistant
We are looking for an experienced carer who will be able to help our residents with personal care tasks such as washing, dressing or personal hygiene.
You will also communicate with service users and their families, building strong relationships.
This role requires:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Medication Administration certificate
- Experience working in supported living environments
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Must be a driver
What can we offer you?
* Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
* Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
* 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
* Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
Benefit from our new flexible pay feature, Flexi Pay, which allows you to decide when you get paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Join our lovely team located in Newcastle, you will be able to find it at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
With us, you will be earning training credits as you work which will allow you to study a variety of free training courses to enhance your career. Training credits never expire, so you save them up and use them whenever suits you.
With Newcross you will also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way