Care Assistant - Weekend
Our local Weston-super-Mare branch is based in Worle Park Way, near the Worle train station and just off the M5.
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to cover weekend shifts providing care and support to our service users living in Weston-super-Mare, Churchill, Winscombe, Congresbury and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will work closely with our service users and ensure that they receive high-quality care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why join our caring team?
- A variety of flexible full time and part time hours with different shifts to choose from
- Employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts available within high street retailers around the UK
- Broad range of free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £13.63/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
With us, you have access to our flexible pay feature 'Flexi Pay' and have the option to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.