Care Assistant - Weekend
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to cover weekend shifts providing care and support to our service users living in Weston-super-Mare, Churchill, Winscombe, Congresbury and the surrounding areas.
Working as a Newcross Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring all those in your care receive the highest quality of person-centred care. You must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will play an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What Can We Offer You?
- A variety of flexible full time and part time hours with different shifts to choose from
- Employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts available within high street retailers around the UK
- Broad range of free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- Salary of up to £13.63/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
We offer Flexi Pay. Typically, most UK healthcare workers are paid weekly or monthly but with this new service, they have the option to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after they've finished a day's work! Digitally submit your timesheet and you are able to access Flexi Pay to withdraw your wage. This includes weekends and bank holidays as well!
Meet Your New Team - Our local Weston-super-Mare branch is based in Worle Park Way, near the Worle train station and just off the M5.
Submit Your Application And Join Newcross Today!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.