Your Business Centre Manager is:
Located just north of Edinburgh, south of Dundee and on the east coast of Scotland, the town of Kirkcaldy is the region of Fife’s second largest settlement.
Newcross Healthcare’s Kirkcaldy branch is based in Carlyle House on Carlyle Road a short walk from Kirkcaldy train station.
Kirkcaldy has a long history. The first document to refer to the town dates back to 1075 when the then Scottish King granted the land to the church. It wasn’t until the 1600s that the town was made into a royal burgh by Charles the first.
According to the 2011 census. 24.4% of people in work in the Kirkcaldy area are employed in the Education and Health sector making it an ideal location for Newcross to hire the best healthcare professionals.
Five Facts about Kirkcaldy
- Kirkcaldy’s nickname of Long Town is a reference to the town’s main street which is almost 4 miles long.
- The famous philosopher and author of The Wealth of Nations Adam Smith was born in Kirkcaldy.
- Over 130 healthcare professionals report to the Newcross Kirkcaldy branch.
- Kirkcaldy is served by the East Central Region of the Scottish Ambulance Service, which covers Tayside, Forth Valley, and Fife.
- Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown grew up in the town.