Learning Disabilities Care Assistant (Children and Adults)
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking committed Learning Disabilities Care Assistants to care for our users in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Plymouth, Saltash and the surrounding area.
Your main responsibilities:
* Observing, monitoring and recording patient's conditions.
* Helping with tasks such as eating, moving about or washing themselves
* Assisting our users with their social activities and communicating with them.
* We'll provide you with over 200 training courses to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress in your career journey with us.
* Flexi Pay gives you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I benefit from?
* Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free Ongoing training and development
* Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts on the high street!
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We'll provide you with video calling technology that allows you to attend your interview without leaving the house.
Which are your requirements?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Meet your new team:
Our Plymouth Branch is based on the south Devon coast and allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
If this is the opportunity you've been waiting for...
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
Apply today and begin your application
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.