Learning Disabilities Care Assistant (Children and Adults)
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Learning Disabilities Care Assistants to deliver the highest quality of care and support to our users across Plymouth, Saltash and the surrounding area.
This role brings with it a plethora of benefits - from our flexible rotas and training programs, to our 'same day pay' app feature, Flexi Pay.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
About the role
In this position you will be responsible for delivering excellent assistance and support to our patients living with learning disabilities during their daily routine.
Ideally you will need to be a kind and positive individual who is able to provide care and companionship to our service users.
This role is based in our Plymouth Branch which allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
* Salary of up to £13.38/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free Ongoing training and development
* Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts on the high street!
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
* Flexi Pay- Our new HealthForceGo® app feature allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
If this sounds like you, apply now!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.