Care Assistant - Learning Disabilities
Are you a dedicated and conscientious care worker?
What you'll be up to
In our Care Assistant role, you'll be assisting our service users living with Learning Disabilities and/or challenging problems.
You'll provide support and companionship to clients and help handle day-to-day self-care. Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- £13.57 an hour, including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff
- Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Training & Development
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
The branch is located on Staplegrove Road, close to Taunton train station and is a short drive from Musgrove Hospital.