Care Assistant - Learning Disabilities
Do you have a true passion for delivering person-centred care?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for skilled healthcare professionals just like you to deliver personal care and support to our residents living with mental health and/or learning disabilities across Perth and the surrounding local area.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing life-enhancing care and support to our service users, assisting them with their clinical needs and supporting them during their social activities.
We are searching for experienced carers who are able to recognise the capabilities of each person whilst promoting their independence and happiness.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Skills & Development
With Newcross, you'll have the chance to develop your skills and gain valuable insight through our free training courses, earned with credits as you work.
These include: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- `Perks at Work' scheme which gives you discounts in major UK retailers.
Get paid through our exclusive Flexi Pay feature, which allows you to access up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Our local branch
Our Perth team is located on the banks of the River Tay, Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is just a short walk from the city's train station.
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
Click the button to Apply
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.