Care Assistant - Learning Disabilities
Do you want to be making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare are searching for Care Assistants to join us in delivering dedicated expert care to our service users living with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours across Taunton, Langport, Wellington, Ilminster, Somerton and the local surroundings.
Your New Role
As a Care Assistant, you'll be responsible in providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with social activities, aiding with their clinical needs and assisting with any additional services.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their learning disabilities and challenging behaviours.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone/device to access your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £13.84/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Flexi Pay, which will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts
- Access to available training programmes to develop your skill set
Join Newcross today!
Our Taunton branch is based in Staplegrove Road, just a short distance from Taunton train station and also The Museum of Somerset at Taunton Castle.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way