Join Newcross today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Support Workers to provide excellent care to our service users in Brighton, Burgess Hill, Hassocks, Haywards Heath, Lewes and Newhaven.
You will need to have experience supporting clients with Autism and/or learning disabilities to be considered for the role. We are looking for dedicated and healthcare professionals who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care, with a focus on personal care.
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ.
Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
We also offer you
- Salary of up to £12.68/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What do you need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Your new team
The branch is based on Gildredge Road, next to Eastbourne train station. If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have the job for you.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.