Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Based on Eastgate Street, our Gloucester branch is a short walk from Gloucester train station.
An interesting place to visit in Gloucester are the Clearwell Caves in Clearwell.
Do you want to make a positive difference to someone's life?
We are looking to expand our team of Support Workers in Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Moreton-in-Marsh and the surrounding areas.
Why join our team?
With Newcross, you can access flexible full time and part time hours, our employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts and our innovative Flexi Pay app feature.
You will provide assistance to our service users with various person-centred tasks including personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required.
It is essential that you have a calm demeanour as you could work with service users that are living with challenging behaviour, autism and physical or learning disabilities.
- Salary of up to £14.99/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our friendly Gloucester team is based on Eastgate Street, our Gloucester branch is a short walk from Gloucester train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.