Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Are you looking for a job that allows you to make a difference?
We are looking to expand our team of Support Workers working in Chippenham, Melksham, Devizes, Calne, Corsham, Malmesbury, Lyneham, Dauntsey and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Support Worker, you will care for our service users with various important person-centred tasks. These could vary but will include personal care activities, clinical requirements, social integration activities within their local communities and any additional services required.
It is essential that you have prior experience of providing care to service users living with Autism, Asperger's, learning and physical disabilities.
This innovative app feature allows staff to enjoy having exclusive access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why join our team?
- Flexible hours across a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts to suit you!
- Perks at Work employee scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Various free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £15.29/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Opened in April 2014, our Swindon branch has boosted local opportunities for healthcare professionals across the Wiltshire and Oxfordshire areas, as well as providing hospitals, care homes and nursing establishments' access to exceptional staff that really care about what they do.
You'll find us at Holbrook House, a short distance from Swindon train station and within the town centre.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.