Learning Disabilities Support Worker
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for dedicated Learning Disabilities Support Workers to join our expanding team delivering expert care and support to our service users within Church Stretton and the surroundings.
Working for Newcross provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
Join us, and manage your own work schedule via our HealthForceGo® app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
Your New Position
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their physical or learning disabilities.
You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service users unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each service user.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical abilities and prior experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
Develop your skills at Newcross!
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes, ensuring that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role and learn new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
- Salary of up to £13.97 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Flexi Pay, which will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Your New Team
Our friendly Shrewsbury branch are situated in Global House within Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and bus.
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way