Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Make a difference to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Learning Disabilities Support Workers to care and support our service users living in Church Stretton and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Flexible hours across weekdays, weekends and nights
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- Employee scheme with 30,000 discounts
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Skills & Training
Develop your skill set with our comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will vary but will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Additional opportunities will be available for staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
As a Support Worker, you will ensure that our service users receive assistance and support completing a range of person-centred tasks. These vary but will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Successful candidates will be comfortable caring for our service users living with learning disabilities or challenging behaviours.
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please give us a call on 0800 252 881.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!