Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Working with Newcross will allow you to benefit from flexible full time and part time hours across weekdays, nights and weekends and our Flexi Pay app feature.
Develop your skill set with us!
We are looking to expand our team of Support Workers in Cirencester, Stroud, Dursley and the surrounding areas
The supporting role
As a Support Worker, you will provide assistance and support to our service users and ensuring that they live their lives as independently as possible. Tasks will include personal care, daily tasks, clinical requirements, social activities and any other services needed.
A calm demeanour is essential for this position as you will care for service users living with challenging behaviour, autism and physical or learning disabilities.
- Salary of up to £14.99/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Flexi Pay - Have the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our friendly Gloucester team is based at Eastgate Street, just a short walk away from Gloucester train station
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.