Learning Disability Support Worker
We are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
Join our friendly Exeter branch, located in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station!
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced Learning Disabilities Support Workers to join our team providing life-enhancing care and support to our service users within Exeter, Crediton, Cullompton and Okehampton.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for assisting adults and children living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours with their personal care, helping with social activities, aiding their clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services.
You will also communicate with families of service users to update them of their condition and progress.
In order to be successful in this role, you must be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
What you will receive
- Salary of up to £15.49/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
You will also be able to benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Develop Your Skills
As a valued Newcross Support Worker, you will also have the opportunity to enhance your skills with our free training courses, earned through credits as you work.
We offer various programmes, such as our Learning Disability training, designed to assist those that are supporting or working with individuals with learning disabilities.
At Newcross you will also be able to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and previous employment for the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We now interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.