Learning Disability Support Worker
Are you looking for a vocation in a rewarding and professional setting?
Newcross Healthcare is looking to recruit dedicated Learning Disabilities Support Workers to work across Exeter, Crediton, Cullompton and Okehampton
Rewarding for you!
With Newcross, you will take advantage of our 'same day pay' app feature, Flexi Pay, our flexible shifts and a variety of training programmes earned through credits as you work.
* Salary of up to £13.57/hr including holiday pay
* Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
* 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
* Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Flexi Pay - choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Your local branch is located in Exeter, you can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Interesting Fact: Exeter University is regularly voted in the UK's top ten universities
Develop & Learn
You will have the opportunity to broaden your skills with our free training courses. We offer many options such as our Learning Disability training which is designed to assist those that are supporting or working with people with a learning a disability.
At Newcross you will also be able to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Our Healthcare Assistants are responsible for supporting elderly, recovering, or disabled patients with the activities of everyday living.
You will also communicate with families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.