Learning Disability Support Worker
Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for experienced Learning Disabilities Support Workers to deliver excellent care and support to our service users across Exeter, Crediton, Cullompton and Okehampton.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their physical or learning disabilities.
You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service users unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual.
Join us, and manage your own work schedule via our HealthForceGo app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
What you will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed in the last 12 months - or you will complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips on our app HealthForceGo
- Salary of up to £15.49/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay, which will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexible working hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Access to training programmes, earned through credits as you work
The Local Team
Our friendly Exeter branch is based in Sandpiper Court, close to Pinhoe train station.
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way