Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Became part of our team today!
We are looking to expand our team of Support Workers in Gloucester, Cinderford and the surrounding areas.
Why work with our team?
Working with Newcross will give you access flexible full time and part time hours, an employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts and our new Flexi Pay app feature.
Our friendly team is based at Eastgate Street just a short walk away from Gloucester train station.
What will I do?
You will be responsible for providing assistance to our service users with daily living tasks including personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
It is required that you have a calm demeanour as you will be caring for service users living with challenging behaviours, autism and physical or learning disabilities.
What will I get?
- Salary of up to £14.99/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Flexi Pay! Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.