Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Looking for a new and exciting career in care?
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting for Support Workers to join us in delivering outstanding care to service users within Gloucester, Cinderford and the local surrounding areas.
Your Local Team
Our friendly Gloucester branch are located at 121-131 Eastgate St, close to Gloucester train station and Cathedral.
The Position Details
You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service users unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each service user.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their physical or learning disabilities.
- Salary of up to £15.29/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Flexi Pay, which will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes ensuring that you always have the opportunity to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar role
- Referees that can attest to your employment for the past 3 years
- A Moving and Handling course certificate (or you are willing to enrol and complete course)
- Access to a smart device with internet access to manage your timesheets, online rota and payslips via our app, HealthForcego
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.