Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Our local branch is located at Global House in Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and bus.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Learning Disability Support Workers to deliver outstanding support and care to our service users within Oswestry and the surrounding local areas.
Flexibility at Newcross
Working for Newcross Healthcare provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for.
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care, to our service users who live with a variety of learning disabilities and mental health conditions.
Our Essential Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar role or environment in the UK
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Referee contacts to validate your previous clinical experience
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but is not essential.
- Salary of up to £13.97/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also benefit from our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Training & Development
Successful candidates will also have opportunities to enhance their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
We also give the option to study an apprenticeship, our apprentices gain NVQs and SVQs in areas which relate to their particular department, with the support of their team and our apprenticeships provider they gain a lifelong qualification.
Start your application today!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.