Learning Disabilities Support Worker
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Learning Disabilities Support Workers to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users within Shrewsbury and the surrounding locations.
Working at Newcross
It is important for us to provide stability, we don't believe in 'zero hours' contracts. If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the well-being and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that fit around your family or other job commitments.
Your New Role
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their physical or learning disabilities.
You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service users unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual.
The Local Team
Our friendly Shrewsbury branch are based at Ground Floor, Global House within Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and also bus.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability and experience
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £13.97/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible pay - Our new HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay will allow you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes ensuring that you always have the opportunity to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
Apply now to find out more!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.