Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Become an invaluable member of our care team
Our friendly Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit experienced Support Workers to provide life-enhancing support to adults and children with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours across Sidmouth, Seaton, Axminster and Ottery St Mary.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any further services that will enable dignified and independent living to those in your care.
You will be compassionate, caring and ready for the occasional challenge and will also communicate with families of our service users to apprise them of their updates and progression.
What you'll receive
- Salary of up to £15.49/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Access to our exclusive training programmes, to broaden your knowledge and skill set
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
You can also choose to work full or part time hours to fit around your commitments, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
You will be able to access our Perks at Work scheme, with over 30,000 discounts at UK high street retailers!
Additionally, you will be able to benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day!
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and timesheets via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Learning at Newcross
This role will provide many great opportunities to help you develop your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and others.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.